Thursday, December 6, 2007

OB Childbirth Prep Course – Part II

Last night we went to our second childbirth class. Again, we found ourselves learning some new things. It was fun to hear things that we already knew because it made us feel smart….and somewhat prepared.

Highlight of the evening: Beanbag Babies. These were beanbags that had a picture of what the baby looks like at the many stages of pregnancy, and the best part was that they were weighted to be the same during that stage. So, for example, a baby at 40 weeks weighed 7 pounds. The boys found this especially intriguing. As the beanbags went around the room, gradually getting heavier and heavier, you could hear each of them oooh and ahhhh over them. And then there was the choir of pregnant woman who giggled as these boys got a feel (minus all the back and bladder pain) for exactly what it is we’ve been carrying around. I loved it! :)

Madelyn decided to join the party last night. She was the most active she’s been yet! For nearly two straight hours she wiggled and kicked all around, I think trying to add her own little opinion to the class. This was fun for Chris since he hasn’t really felt too much. Up until last night, Madi would stop her movements every time he would put his hand on my belly. But last night was a real treat. At the beginning of the class, I whispered to him to put his hand on my belly, and then I put my hands over his to keep it there (he tends to get a little impatient). It didn’t take long for his eyes to pop out of his head when she continued to move around. He was surprised at how active she was all class. I was, too, actually. I wondered if it could have been the Cherry Limeade I was drinking. That has been my sweet treat for the last few weeks now. I love it (and apparently so did Madelyn)!

No comments: