Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby Shower

I have known for a long time how very blessed Chris and I are. We have so many wonderful family and friends who are constantly there for us, already spoiling Madelyn and making sure we have what we need. Yesterday my Mom and two sisters (Kristin and Kim) threw me a baby shower. What a turn-out! It was nice to have a chance to see everyone and visit, especially those people I haven’t seen in a long while.

I am always impressed with my mom and sisters’ talents, especially when it comes to cooking and crafts. They are so creative! Each detail was planned perfectly. They organized a party with great food and fun games. Even the little thank you gifts were adorable. Grandma R ordered special M&M’s with Madelyn’s name on them, Kim made the sweetest cupcakes and also crafted bookmarks using quotes about children. Kristin made a homemade diaper cake and decorated the house with festive colors (pink and green of course) and displayed pictures of me as a baby and also some of our maternity pictures.

After everyone had a chance to mingle and eat, it was time to open the gifts. Everyone was so thoughtful and very generous. Chris and I made a trip to Babies R Us yesterday to spend our gift certificates and cash. We are happy to say there’s not much left on the list. We couldn’t believe it! We spent the better part of the afternoon sorting and putting things away. Chris of course did the “manly” thing and put together some of the larger items. It’s all starting to feel oh-so real now. The house is sprinkled with baby gear galore! :) THANK YOU to everyone who attended our shower…I appreciate you and your generosity more then you know!

Click here to view some photos of the shower.

No comments: