Saturday, January 26, 2008

37 Weeks

…and only 3 weeks to go! On Thursday I had my 37-week appointment with the nurse practitioner. Everything is still pretty much as it was last week. The nurse said I was dilated a “dimple.” Aside from making me giggle, I wondered what on earth that meant. She said it really meant nothing…as in nothing has happened in the last week. Madelyn hasn’t “dropped” yet, either, although she said that doesn’t happen with every woman, so we’ll see.

My Group B Strep test came back positive. At first I was nervous to hear that, but she explained to me that it is very common (about 40% of all pregnant women test positive). Group B Strep is a bacterium that most people have at some point or another, but no one ever tests for it because it’s not harmful…unless you’re pregnant. It can be transferred to Madelyn during delivery if they don’t take precautions, but she said that is pretty rare these days. Once I go into labor and get settled at the hospital, they will give me antibiotics that should take care of everything. The nurse told me not to worry about it, so I won't :)

1 comment:

sweetcakes said...

Don't worry about testing positive for Strep B. I also tested that way with Ethan. They basically give you antibiotics through an IV, it's as simple as that.