Saturday, February 2, 2008

38 Weeks

Yesterday we went to our weekly doctor’s appointment to find out if I have made any progress since our last visit where I was dilated a “dimple.” Nope. Everything is just as it was last week. Still only a dimple dilated and Madelyn has not dropped any. She is as happy as a clam in there. :) Which I suppose isn’t all bad. She will come when she’s ready. Dr. Tom asked if either of us was a procrastinator. We both smiled and pointed to Chris. She joked that we’ll know whose character traits she’ll have if she comes early or late. ;) And of course I thought to myself, “At least be on time, Baby Girl.” :)

Dr. Tom discussed elective induction with us, although that will only be an option once I’m past 39 weeks and I have started to dilate (at least to a 3). If we go that route, she told us that her on-call days were Feb 5th, 11th, and 23rd. We would love to have her deliver Madelyn, but we know those chances are slim. We’ll just have to wait and see. Besides, from everything we’ve read, seen, and heard, it appears that the nurses do most of the work anyway. The doctor’s roll is typically that of a “catcher” so really, does it matter? ;) I laugh every time we watch an episode of A Baby Story when the doctor has the woman pull the baby out, literally. Every time I say, “Are you kidding me?” Listen, that’s what they get paid the big bucks for…I am not interested.

In the meantime, our bag is packed in the car along with a comfy pillow, and the car seat. We are ready for her arrival when she decides to get here. At the very longest, she will be here in 22 days…of course we’re hoping for 15 or less. :) Stay tuned…

No comments: