Saturday, November 17, 2007

4D Ultrasound

Today we had our first 4D ultrasound…how amazing! We went to Peek of You in Glendale and couldn’t have been happier! What a blessing to get a sneak-peek of Madelyn. It was so exciting to see how she has started to develop! I was surprised to see how filled out she is already. She showed off her chubby cheeks and even puckered her lips. She’s not exactly an exhibitionist, but she did give us a couple good shots. During our 30 minute visit, she decided to stay rolled up in a little ball (literally) for most of the time. We giggled as we learned that both arms and legs were up near her head, and we decided to enroll her in gymnastics as soon as she’s born. :) I tried rolling on each side, and I even stood up for a while to see if we could get her to move. She wanted nothing to do with it though; she was quite content in her own little world. She was only interested in one thing…napping, and that’s what she did. :)

Grandma and Papa Rentmeester and Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen came along for the fun, too. Everyone was really impressed with the latest and greatest technology. We all agreed how fortunate we are to be part of this tech age. As if we weren’t already excited enough to meet our sweet little baby girl, we can hardly wait now! Fortunately, we have lots to do to keep us busy before she gets here…

Grandma Rentmeester and Daddy have been working hard to get the nursery painted. It is coming along so nicely. I have been taking pictures of the different phases and will try to get them posted tomorrow. Chris gave me such a hard time when I came up with the design, but I think everyone is really excited now that things are coming together.

We are scheduled for another 4D ultrasound on December 22nd so we’ll be able to see how much she’s grown. Everything else has been going really well. I am feeling great and starting to prepare for my favorite time of the year --- Christmas! :)

Click here to view some still images and a video from today’s ultrasound.

2 comments:

sweetcakes said...

Call me biased, but I think she already looks like her mommy.

Anonymous said...

Thank God....