Monday, March 24, 2008

6 Weeks Old

Madelyn enjoyed her first Easter yesterday at Grandma and Papa R’s house. There were about 20 people (most members of the “Sun City Mafia” as Chris lovingly refers to the group of wonderful Sun City folk). Of course, Madelyn was the hit of the party, which is never a problem for her Mom and Dad. As a matter of fact you could find us resting on the couch most of the afternoon. The “Mafia” was sure to give us a hard time about it, too, saying how strange it was that all the young folk were sleeping while the oldies were wide awake. Now, I know I don’t have to remind most of you about the Sun City residents…we all know they are an active bunch, but all I had to do was offer Madelyn up for a night, and they didn’t say another word. ;) Chris was actually able to get a cat nap in, and I made sure to rest as well while Madelyn was being passed around from person to person. Of course, Auntie Kristin made sure to take control of the situation. Madelyn does really well with lots of people, but I think sometimes she gets over stimulated when there’s so much going on…this is where Auntie Kristin came in handy…she just kept holding her...for Madelyn’s sake of course. ;) Grandma R got her fix, too. She always gives me and Chris a chance to eat a whole meal together without interruption. We so appreciate that because it is a rare occasion these days. THANKS MOM!

Needless to say, Madelyn didn’t get much of a nap while we were there, but she made up for it last night by sleeping 5 hours straight! WOO HOO! (Okay, I did have to go in and soothe her a couple times, but seriously, I’m not going to count those because I can hardly remember them.) All I know is that I got some great sleep!

Everything else is going well. Madelyn has really started to respond to me and Chris. This morning she woke up from a little nap and when I laid her on the changing table, she gave me the biggest smile ever! Of course, I still wonder how much of that is really on purpose, so today I thought I would try to check for sure. I rubbed her chubby little cheeks and what do you know…another HUGE smile. This time my heart melted. Just then, another smile. Of course by the third smile, I’m thinking, “Wait. She has her eyes open and she’s smiling…I NEED THE CAMERA!” But I knew if I went to grab it from the living room the moment would be gone so I chose to stay with her and enjoy every second. I think sometimes moments like those are best recorded in your mind…although I WILL be working on getting a picture of her new-found smile. It’s WAAAY too cute - all gummy from ear to ear. :)

Madelyn's 6-Week Pictures
(Click a picture to see a larger version.)





No comments: