Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Very Special Gift

Today Madelyn received a very special gift from her Great Aunt Kathy. When I opened the box and read the card, tears filled my eyes. Just when I thought I was getting over those roller coaster emotions, they snuck up on me again. :) Aunt Kathy sent a note to Madelyn explaining that the gift she made especially for her included “stories” about her Great Grandma Smith. She wrote to Madelyn that when she is older she needs to talk to her to hear all about Great Grandma.

When I opened the gift, I found a precious quilt and pillow handmade by Aunt Kathy. In each square of the quilt, she embroidered a special picture that indeed showcases one of Great Grandma's many talents and loves. Along with these pictures she included a different day of the week. The pillow was also handmade to match the quilt.

As I looked at each stitched picture I was taken back to the times when I was little and spent many days with Grandma Smith. Each picture brought with it a special memory from my childhood and again, tears filled my eyes. I am happy that Madelyn will have this special gift to treasure always.


1 comment:

GRANDMA R said...

Wow, Great Aunt Kathy you caused many tears and how blessed Madelyn is to get this special gift from you and Great Grandma. I know it will be treasured forever, and Great Grandma will always be remembered by all of us because she is the reason we are here today. Thank you for sharing Mommy and Madelyn and specials thanks to Great Aunt Kathy, its beautiful!
Love,
Grandma and Papa R